YULE SEASON IS ALMOST HERE ♥ I've only spent about a year in fandom so far, but the Non-Denominational Celebration Season is a good time as any to express my heartful thanks to all of you people whom I've come to know over the last twelve or so months. ♥
IN THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON, THEREFORE: goodwill times! I'm a big proponent of sending stuff off to all ends of the earth. Most human beings I know are big proponents of receiving stuff in the mail. ERGO:all I want for
If you want to spread joy and receive and/or give back, there's this beautiful meme below. Comment below, or leave a link to your own post, and everyone can LINK BACK AND FORTH FOR GREAT JUSTICE:
Make a post to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related to medium to really big. The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your flist to see who has posted their list. & now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. The only thing a fic writer could want for Non-Denominational Season? Feedback!
2. I really do want to help my baby cousins (well, one of them's 12, but that's still baby to me in my mind) get a new laptop for Chinese New Year. Lack of work makes this hard, but if you have a few pennies
to spare, I'd love you to bits if you'd hire my sorry ass for something. ♥
3. Fair weather and good flying for both my overseas trips. If you are a weather god, I appeal to you that you do not leave me drowned in snow in Toronto.
4. A job. Any job.
5. A cheapass medium format lomo camera; I have missed 120.
6. Patience and clarity of mind.
7. Quotable Quotes cards, eeeee.
8. Joy to all the people who are D: for any reason.
9. More time to write, and the tenacity to improve.
10. THE THICKNESS OF SKIN to get back on track a-drawing.
GO FORTH AND SPREAD AND PIMP. ♥